One of the challenges I have as a hypnotherapist who has worked in the hypnosis for weight loss field for over 15 years is the HUGE impact of CULTURAL HYPNOSIS on our basic eating patterns.
By cultural hypnosis I mean the prevailing bad science that vilifies fat and cholesterol yet celebrates “heart healthy whole grains” and “Fruit Juices”.
It doesn’t take much effort to discover that eating whole grains and more “fruit” is not a healthy choice if you want to lose fat.
In fact wheat is higher on the glycemic index than bananas. In other words grains are sugar. Potatoes are sugar. Fruit is sugar.
Recent research points its finger DIRECTLY at sugar in all its forms as the cause of the current obesity epidemic.
It turns out a “calorie is not just a calorie”.
The low fat diet ends up being a high carb diet simply by default.
So the first job is to counter the mass hypnosis of the food industry which is one of the largest advertisers on all media – (along with the pharmaceutical companies)
and trust me on this one, advertising IS hypnosis. And anyone who has any exposure to the media and all the various forms of advertising are being hypnotized. And very few people are even aware of how their beliefs and behaviors are guided unconsciously because of the influence of advertising.
The question is whether YOU are going to take charge of your own mind and what you believe and what actions you will take to change your life.
And something HAS to change doesn’t it? Because if you keep doing what you’ve been doing you are going to keep getting what you’ve been getting.
So my main job as a hypnotherapist is not just to educate my weight loss clients and it’s not to “hypnotize” them to suddenly crave only “healthy” food. It’s to teach them how to take charge of their own hypnosis so that they stop BELIEVING the media baloney about what is actually “healthy”.
- The Paleo diet has been labeled “the most recent diet fad” by the media and yet it is exactly the diet that we evolved to eat over MILLIONS of years. The large scale introduction of grains into our diet only happened a mere 10,000 years ago.
- The increase in simple carbs into our diets only happened 300 years ago and the “low fat diet” was only introduced 30 years ago.
- With the addition of corn to the human diet we suddenly see evidence of tooth decay in human remains.
- With the influx of a ton of sugar we began to see heart disease and dementia ever increasing…
hmmm… who is hypnotizing whom here?
If you don’t want to take my word for it. Do a little reading.
check out this article:
Then check out
Grain Brain by David Perlmutter
And then if you would like my support and help in hypnotizing yourself to get off the diet rollercoaster and on a practical, sustainable healthy lifestyle that includes mastering your mind for a change, check out my course:
The really important thing is just to be fully aware that you can realize the change you’re looking for…
And here’s how
Click the link below to:
- Check out It’s Not About the Food
- Review my hypnosis video programs
- Contact me today