In Richard Bach’s classic book “Jonathan Livingston Seagull” we are introduced to a “rogue mystic” young seagull named Jonathan who is obsessed with exploring and pushing the edges of what it is to be a master of flight.
Where the rest of the “flock” is content to fly well enough to get to the next garbage dump to find food, Jonathan is constantly pushing the limits of what is possible.
Eventually he gets kicked out of the “flock” and ends up living in solitude where he can continue to push his limits and expand his comfort zone…
Eventually other Seagulls begin to seek him out…
And the questions that always comes up are these:
- What are we here for?
- What’s the purpose of my life?
- How can I find a way to support myself doing what my heart yearns for?
- How can I create the kind of health I want?
- How can I create the kind of lifestyle that supports my greater vision?
- What about my longing for deep intimacy and connection?
And ultimately it comes down to purpose. What’s the point of being here? What’s the purpose of you showing up here in the space vehicle of your body?
And BTW this is one of the key reframes I find helpful with pretty much all my one on one clients whether they want to work on weight loss or habit control, clearing fears and phobias for full out going for their big dream, going for the Olympic Gold or the equivalent in their own lives…
Your body is really a space ship. It’s a vehicle, filled with sensors, diagnostics, and a full array of “on board” default programming which is basically designed to keep you alive long enough for you to figure out how to function in this material “plane”….
But have you ever been in a vehicle that came with a full array of YEARNING? You are living in your body but you are NOT your body. Your body is designed to move away from pain and towards pleasure. “Yearning” is the “moving towards” piece. “Settling” for a small life because it’s “safe” is the moving away from piece.
- What is it that you are yearning for?
- What is is that you are yearning to have?
- What is it that you are yearning to do?
- Who are you ultimately YEARNING to BE?
I’ve got GREAT news for you. If you think all you came here to do, have and be is to fill up your little cubicle at work with your body so that you can pay your cable TV bill on time you just might want to think a wee bit BIGGER. And you can start thinking bigger right now.
You are gifted with perception and awareness. And both of those things are EXPANDABLE.
In my not so humble opinion, we are here to learn, grow and stretch ourselves beyond what we have been told is possible by “the media”, by our schools, by our friends and relatives.
We are here to expand beyond the limited thinking patterns of the general population. We are here to discover and fulfill our “special purpose”. Not because it’s “spiritual” or “good” or whatever, but because it’s a hell of a lot of fun!
It’s always been that way. Every generation is marked by people who dared to dream and who dared to go for their dreams. The only thing is that now with the support of the internet and all this communication technology we can actually make a serious RIPPLE in the world in any way that suits our spirits and serves people, projects, and “the world out there.”
To get back to Jonathan Livingston Seagull, it’s one of the truest analogies of what it’s like to long for personal mastery and a higher purpose. Going against the tide of “conventional wisdom” and the cultural overlay by yourself is harder than it needs to be. Hopefully you are getting that being here in this “tribe” is all about YOU getting connected to YOUR higher self, your higher purpose and other people who are working on themselves right alongside YOU.
Speaking of working on YOU…
Your Mind Mastery Assignment today (should you choose to accept it), is to either re-read Jonathan Livingston Seagull or remember it in detail and apply it to yourself. If you haven’t read it yet, fear not! It only takes about 10 minutes. (the link above goes to Amazon.com and is NOT an affiliate link. I just include it to make your life a little easier :o)
- How are you always looking for improvements in your life?
- How are you always looking to step up your “game” in your relationships and career?
- How are you willing to do whatever it takes to invest in yourself so that you actually can notice and measure your progress?
And if you are actually reading this and my other daily mind mastery messages regularly and listening to my transformation tunes, have you started to notice a difference in your life? Are you “getting” that I’m out here walking my talk? Are you seeing how much fun I’m having? I simply want this for you as well. It’s a blast.
Are you paying attention? Are you keeping track of your progress?
Cuz I’m ready to support you in YOUR mission whether it’s to finally get a handle on your health and fitness, or to get started in the right direction towards work that fulfills you and supports your truest, deepest dreams… or to step it up in your relating, dating and communicating with the people you love…
or maybe like me you have some kind of “song” that you want to sing out loud before you die.
It’s not for everybody. And that’s cool. Feel free to just listen to the daily Transformation Tune which I usually have right at the top of every email. Or feel free to unsubscribe and stay the way you are (no hard feelings). It’s all perfect.
But MY purpose is to use my music, my message and my Modern Jedi Mind Mastery Methods to support people who are serious about transforming their lives into sparkling, magical, heart, mind and body aligned ADVENTURES.
And the adventure of YOUR life requires no passport, no plane tickets, no special equipment other than curiosity and a willingness to put into practice what you learn. The adventure of your life requires the ability to envision a future that is compelling, hopeful and big enough to inspire you even when it’s not totally easy and going exactly the way you think it should go…
January 2nd begins my next 90 day personal mastery challenge. This practice has totally supercharged my life and the lives of my “inner circle”. This time I would like to SERIOUSLY invite you to join me.
- Some of you may want to work 1 on 1 with me. If so, I only have a few available spots so use the contact link at the bottom of this page to reach out and let me know ASAP if you would like to know what the investment is and that you would like to be considered.
- Some of you may want to be a part of a coaching group or “master mind” of other Transformation Nation Members in good standing. There’s still room in this group for about 15 people but I’m going to keep it small so that I can give as much personal attention as possible.
- And some of you are fine just watching from the sidelines of this “Daily Mind Mastery Message and Transformation Tune”. Feel free to continue to take in whatever works for you.
AND… If you are serious about taking yourself to the next level, If you’re willing and ready to go “all in”, use the contact link below and let me know briefly what is it that you most want to change, improve or transform in your life.
We will be working on 4 basic areas or themes,
- Health, Fitness, Body
- Money, Career, Work
- Relating, Relationships, Dating, Communicating with self and significant “others”.
- Your song. Your Art. Your Passion. Your Purpose. Your overall Joy and Big Dream”. The things you want health, wealth and connection to serve. The things you want to do before your time here on this planet is up.
Got it? Cool.
Transformation Tune for Today:
To support this message, I would like to share with you the next “Raw Mix” from my Last Concert With The Rogue Mystics… (which BTW was one of my main goals from THIS current 90 day challenge. We should have some video to show you soon.).
Peace, love and groovyness!
p.s. Seriously! Are you in? Click this Link: Contact Mark Shepard and let me know what you want to work on. There is no obligation and no weird, high pressure sales shenanigans. I will get back to you ASAP with answers to your questions.
If you are ready and would like to go deeper with me… here’s how
Click the link below to:
Or just leave a comment below 🙂