WARNING: I am on FIRE this morning. I call it like I see it in this video today.
You might be offended.
The original title of this post was “Why You Won’t Change Even Though You SAY you want to change”…
The bottom line is that if you are not changing in any self help or self improvement project in your life, be it anxiety, weight loss, or relationships or financial success, the only one truly stopping you from achieving your goal is you.
Yeah I said it!
- Do you really want to know why you won’t change even though you swear up and down on a stack of Holy Bibles that you want to change?
- Do you want to know why you start so many weight loss programs and then fail to follow through?
- Do you really want to know why you are grinding your life down with constant worry and anxiety?
- Do you really want to know why you have all those great ideas that you never actually end up putting out into the world?
- Do you REALLY want to know why you still experience all the same frustration and dead ends in your life that you set out so many months, years, lifetimes ago to change?
WATCH THE DAMN VIDEO! Take notes. And then DO the stuff I suggest you do at the end (which you probably won’t do cuz you probably won’t even watch the video to the end).
(BTW Whatever you do don’t even THINK ABOUT opting-in for FRESH Cowabungah every day unless you are serious about transforming your life. If you insist on subscribing, and it’s not too much effort for you you can scroll up and use the handy form at the right hand side of your screen…)
Reading this because you skipped the video? Figures.
Well here’s the summary (lazy ass ;o).
Why you won’t change even though you say you want to (and what to do about it):
- You aren’t willing to obsessively and compulsively PRACTICE the new mind sets that will actually get you the results you say you want. How To Fix It: FLOOD your mind and neurology with Why and How Questions that presuppose the change or end result you want. Example: “Why Does It Work Out Better Than I Can Possibly Imagine?”
- You give up too damn soon. How To Fix It: Brush yourself off and re0interpret your result as a Learning Opportunity instead of as “failure” and get back in to the game.
- You poison your efforts with toxic self talk and thoughts of self doubt and recrimination. How to Fix this: write out 10 times every single day, empowering why or how questions like the Example in #1 above: “Why Does It Work Out Better Than I Can Possibly Imagine?”
- You want to have it easy. You want someone else to fix you without you having to experience any discomfort or uncertainty. Solution? Start questioning the “quick fix” start taking a long view. Start enjoying the process. Wouldn’t you be suspicious if your college course work was too easy for you? Wouldn’t you really rather have a challenge that is worth pushing past your comfort zone for? Seriously. Life today is easier than it has ever been in the history of humankind. Quit whining and get to work.
- You are living in a fantasy where thoughts of change don’t included TIME to actually allow the growth to take root in your mind and body. You are living in a fantasy where the actual PRACTICE of new ideas and behaviors is discounted and deleted from your awareness. The fix for this? TAKE SOME DAMN ACTION. Do it NOW.
No one said this is easy. But it can be remarkably simple.
And with the tools of NLP and Hypnosis it is way easier than without the tools.
Think about it: It is way easier to drive a nail with a hammer than with a rock. And it is even easier to drive nails with a nail gun. But you still have to have a plan. You still have to bend over and pick up the damn tool and apply it to two boards intelligently in order to fasten them together in the process of building a house. You have to actually put the time and effort in to build the house. It ain’t gonna just build itself.
Assignment: Get out a blank piece of paper and write each of these why and how questions out 10 times:
- Why does it work out better than I can possibly imagine?
- Why do I take specific concrete ACTION today towards my desired goal or towards fulfilling my life’s purpose?
- Why is this perfect? How can I use this?
- Why is this perfect for my growth and learning? How can I benefit from this?
Now do that every single day for 30 days. Dare you. Double Dog dare you. Heck, I TRIPLE DAWG DARE YOU!
The smart money is on you doing it for a couple of days and then quitting…. let me know if you actually go for it. If you can prove that you’ve faithfully done this assignment every day for 30 days, I will give you a free personal mastery coaching session. Use the handy form below to contact me.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a limited time offer and I reserve the right to cancel it whenever I feel like it.
P.S. If you have any thoughts or questions or subjects you would like me to reflect upon in future videos, click the button below and contact me today.