If you’ve followed my posts and videos over the last few years you will have heard me talk about “Slow Burn Fitness” or “Super Slow Strength Training” or High Intensity Strength Training or Slow Burn Resistance training.
Ultimately I have NEVER EVER seen ANYONE at any of the gyms I’ve ever been a member of, doing this.
- Because they don’t know about it.
- Because it’s possible they don’t want to hear about it because it would reveal that what they have been doing is actually kind of a waste of time and that might be uncomfortable. And we have a little hypnosis built into our neurological systems that justifies what we are doing as “right”.
- Because it takes so much less time to get a better result that you wouldn’t be able to justify taking all that time to go to the gym… Or (and here’s a key truth) You wouldn’t even need to go to the gym!
- We’ve been hypnotized by the media for 40 years to think that long boring cardio is the only legitimate form of exercise. It turns out to be one of the least effective forms of exercise.
There are basically only two highly qualified sources of this method of getting rapid and significant results from a minimum of time investment. Fred Hahn author of “The Slow Burn Fitness Revolution” And Dr. Doug McGuff author of “Body By Science”
I have been practicing these slow, intense, brief workouts now for about 2 years. Mostly because I hate wasting time. And I do these workouts in the course of my day whenever I need a break from working at my computer ( I also incorporated a standing desk so that I am no longer sitting all day). I also am active running up and down 2 flights of stairs in my house as well as walking, hiking, climbing, canoeing, gardening etc. And this variety of movement is fully covered in the video below.
Here’s an excellent full length video that is a mandatory assignment for my weight loss clients. It is an interview between Dr. Doug McGuff and Dr. Joseph Mercola.
Please do yourself a huge favor and invest the time to listen or watch it all the way to the end and then listen or watch it again. I’ve watched it several times now and it:
- Inspires the crap out of me to keep at this or to re-dedicate myself to doing it.
- Gives me a chance to learn more and more from this guy who is clearly one of the world’s MAJOR experts on this extremely effective form of exercise.
The cool thing about this slow burn or high intensity resistance system or approach is that you can do it anywhere, anytime with very simple body weight exercises or using simple household items.
If you would like to go deeper into a fully integrated weight loss, fitness, and personal mind mastery approach to achieving sustainable, life long fitness, brain function and a high energy healthy mind/body/spirit, check out my online weight loss course “it’s Not Just About The Food” It comes with free email support from me (while supplies last ;o). It’s also a pre-requisite for qualifying for one on one coaching from me.
If you are ready and would like to go deeper with me… here’s how
Click a link below to:
Or just leave a comment below 🙂